View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 11:00 AM   #9
JeanieK
Donating YT 12K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiz View Post
It's good that you trust your vet. That is important. However, this woman has no vet. She has a pit bull and I think she gives the shots to it herself. She was not even aware of heartworms until these recent discussions regarding the little one that she found.

She is of the mind that she has rescued the dog and it now has a better life for it. Which is true, but only to a point. She will not spend much money (as would most any of us here, as needed) and we were talking about that very thing when I was advising my friend. When I told her it would cost more for the proper anesthesia, she said...and I quote "She won't do that"...I volunteered to pay the extra and also to pay for the prescreening bloodwork before the spay because she won't do that either. Sooo....my concern is that since she doesn't have a vet, if she takes a stray dog in deplorable condition to 'a' vet and she doesn't want to spend any extra, then it is my belief that the dog may not make it.

So yes...you wouldn't take your babies to a vet you didn't trust....but then...this is a situation that is a far cry from 'normal' and very much different to your situation. I'm trying to make sure she knows how important it is to ask for certain things that you already know but she doesn't. I am simply trying to help save this little life, not tell a vet how to do his/her job.

I understand your frustration, but the fact of the matter is, that this is beyond your control, so I guess all we can do is to hope that the vet knows what he is doing. My guess is that she won't even take her in to be spayed.
JeanieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!