Thread: Katrina Victims
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 04:40 AM   #7
Annadoodle
A Yorkie Touched My Heart

Love Bless New Orleans

You know...It is kind of bad that so much finger pointing is going on when folks don't know the entire story~

I agree...the response could of been sooner...but you also have to understand...LA has to ask for help in order to get the help....at least from a Military standpoint.
Our military goes where its told...no questions ever asked. Their very own National Guard said they had it under control.

Not to fault anyone...but this does still reside a LA issue. They truly wanted to be able to take care of their own...and tried...but the degree of devastation was far to huge for them.

I live here at an Army Base..that had 82nd airborne soldiers loaded and ready to go...and word came down to not send them...we were told the national guard in LA had it covered ...plenty on the ground..and no room for soldiers from another state to be without being in the way....

Its not from lack of not wanting to respond...or help...its communication lack...and the state of LA trying to take care of its own...but that didn't happen fast enough...

So..yes...yesterday...those same soldiers re-loaded and flew out of here...right now a 30 day stay is what we were told..but also told it could be a bit longer...
My son also goes to college at The Citadel...and they are stopping classes for a few weeks and sending the Cadre for the clean up for two weeks...

American's pull together...they truly do...

The initial word on the amout of help needed wasn't placed out to the degree that was needed.....For what ever reasons...I think its lack of truly knowing because most of us have never been though this degree of devastation...

We are a good country...We have a good president...We have wonderful people who live here...and care...

I think its time for the media to not concentrate so much on the bad...but focus on some of the good that has happend....Amazing ...amazing stories of outreach and hope...

Even if those helicopters were there that next day in force...we would of had loss of life... No one anticipated that levee breaking...but it did...and we all cry for that....Help is there...help will continue...
I'm very proud of the outreach going on.

Just wanted to share my thoughts since I'm around some of the military side of things.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!