View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 09:51 AM   #12
upindust
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxmxaxrxyxx View Post
Recently she figured out how to break out of cage type kennel while i am away from home, so i purchase an xpen which she also figured out how to climb/jump over. I work 8 hrs a day and don't want to come home finding her hurt somewhere so i am now crating her. She is also crated at night because she still isn't completely housetrain.

I didn't get any sleep last night because she cried all night long. So I am a little agitated and tired today. Trust me it hurt me to hear her crying all night but this is a must do to get her housebroken. I am a firm believer in crate training.

Someone please help me! i am going crazy!

Teddy did the same. Heres what we did.. we proped up the kennel crate on an object so he can see us(he had this thing where he HAD to watch me) and we ignored him while he whined. I also would crate him when we ate because he would beg and he'd whine and I ignored him and I wouldn't let him out until he stopped whining. Eventually he just stopped whining and he doesn't even wake me up in the mornings anymore(he use to shake really hard in his crate and whimper alittle). You know you can try other objects to block in your pet too. With us we have a galley style kitchen and we don't have a baby gate so we use this gigantic painting(we never hung up) and we riged it up so it locks him in the kitchen..he's unable to climb over it or anything.

~Member of the Teapot Club~
upindust is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!