View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 10:33 AM   #1
YorkieSue
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Tylan and Metamucil original (Fiber)

Dear Yorkie Friends,
It's been so long since I've been here that I feel ashamed as I really enjoy this forum and what people say and share. I could list my excuses but who cares, right? LOL

Some of you may remember that I do have two Yorkies and have used this forum for a multitude of reasons when they had problems--Dixie and Buddy. Buddy in particular had severe IBD and I was referred to a supplement seller that some of you may know and use. She was quite helpful with Buddy but with my latest rescue, A shih-tzu,(horrors!!!) her advice was off the mark and when I decided to follow a QUALIFIED VET'S ADVICE, she dropped me like a hot potato. So much for thinking that FREE advice is free--or worthwhile. She is out there doling out all kinds of UNqualifed advice these days and is making a fortune but be that as it may, I am done thinking that these internet consultants should be trusted., no matter how free they are or how good they sound. Teachers and doctors need degrees for REASONS and so these supplement sellers should be held to the same standards

Anyway, when her advice did NOT HELP Henry's diarrhea at all and when the supplements she suggested actually made him worse (she denied it was her supplements but the diarrhea went on from DEC thru THIS JUNE) I sought out an internist. Enter Tylan, fiber and prescription dog food (temporarily)--all the things the purists loathe LOL..and to be honest I am not happy having to use meds and prescrip food but both will NOT BE FOREVER. Henry needed to get his system CALMED DOWN FIRST and I am in the process of doing just that now--THEN, even the internist agrees that I should seek out a nutritionist and go from there. One thing at a time for now. In just ONE dose of Tylan and fiber two weeks ago, Henry's stool showed improvement and now it is perfect. As I said, I don't want him on this stuff forever, but this TYLAN has proven to be miraculous. I will begin to wean him from the Tylan and z/d diet very soon but I will go oh so slowly and if the loose stool reappears I will add the Tylan again. I am planning on introducing him to what Buddy is on--Nature's Variety medallions and then pray LOL. I may or not use probiotics or supplements at this stage but I am going to seek the advice of a PROFESSIONAL WHO IS QUALIFIED IN THE FIELD and see what she says about supplements. A colleague of yours on this site recommended "Ask Ariel" and had fantastic success with her pooch with this woman. I like the fact that this Ariel is not pushing a product but is pushing qualified, sound health advice for our little pooches.

Ok, thanks for reading this folks..just had to share how very successful this TYLAN has been with Henry..it is just amazing, it really is. I need to look up this medication and see why it is not only so successful but safe long term. Does anyone here know the answer to these questions?? Thanks a lot, Sue and Crew
YorkieSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!