View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 08:56 PM   #1
Ziggy
Yorkie Talker

Sad MY little "ALLERGY" boy...

Ziggy is 18 months old.. and has had allergies since he was 6 months old. This has been a long frustrating battle for my boyfriend and I. After about $700 dollars worth of vet bills, meds, and new food... WE ARE SOOOOOO TIRED OF IT!

So after doing the mange scrape, allermyl shampoo, benedryl, clavamox, etc. etc.... my vet finally said " he has allergies" well, DUH, we kinda figured that out... so her suggestion was to feed BEANS (PINTO,KIDNEY,BLACK -what ever variety) and GREEN PEAS.

So far so good.. but the only thing is that I have two dogs and if I feed one dog one type of food, the other has to eat it too, I dont want my "ALLERGY" dog to get a hold of the other dogs food. In addition, I have seen a difference in weight... Ziggy doesnt look as healthy weight wise, he's skinny skinny!! When I touch his back, I can feel his backbone. So i started feeding him twice a day (2 cus total), once at night once in the morn. Still no change. To top it off, he poops double the amount because of the amount I give him. I feel like I have no choice because if I feed him once he "POWER FEEDS".
He will seriously eat the whole amount in his bowl in less than 1 minute.

So here are the negatives of feeding him food that works (beans and peas)
-eats double amount **expensive
-poops like crazy and it really stinks
-eats too fast, like he hasnt ate in weeks
-getting skinny

******basically, this thread is to ask anyone who knows of other things I could try. This diet is working for his allergies but it;s also working against him.. The ideal diet for me to give him would be one with more protein to beef him up, work well with allergies... PLEASE POST SUGGESTIONS!

Ziggy is allergic to almost everything but peas and beans.... but I dont know what other things I could try for my severely allergic dog.. he's my baby and I want him to get better!! Thanks!!

-Krystle
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!