View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 05:07 PM   #2
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksmom View Post
My 1 1/2 yr. old yorkie scratches himself constantly, that it wakes my husband and I up all hours of the morning. He gets ear infections that we treat with a cream. He itches outside of the ear, by his neck, etc. He doesn't have any dry patches (that I can see and we keep his hair short) or scabs.

He takes flea/tick meds, and last check-up at the doctor was great. No known allergies. He eats INNOVA small bites dog food and we don't give him table food except for amer. cheese. Any sugestions? My vet said human shampoo and conditioner was ok?? We use Johnson and Johnson. THANKS
you should not be using human shampoo... you need a shampoo with oatmeal and one that is formulated for dogs. Hav eyou had allergy testing done? Until you do you won't know for sure if he has allergies. Does his food have chicken as the main ingredient? MANY dogs are allergic to chicken and Layla is lactose intolerant so she can't have cheese... you might think about taking away the cheese for a while and see how that works If he is having aparticularly bad day, and until you find out for sure what is going on, you can give him children's liquid benedryl to ease the itching.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!