View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 02:08 PM   #1
Angelstarr
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Something to help stop pups from pulling on thier leash when you walk them

Some of you may know this or have used this before but I was complaining to my breeder, (also my brother-in- law) that for such a little %$#@ he sure pulls on the leash and it is difficult for me to walk him because I have Severe Rheumatoid Arthritis and even a short spin around the block puts my shoulders in spasms for days.

I already use a harness rather than a collar so he wouldn't choke.
Here is what he said to do.

Take the leash once it is on regular and wrap it around his belly and slip the loose end through it to make kind of a slip knot around his belly. As soon as he pulls that tightens around his belly and he will stop pulling. He hates the restriction around his belly. It has worked really well. I just usually have to say AH-AH or No and he quits. Now if I just put the leash on he still walks with a lose lead most of the time. ( unless there is something he is he%% bent on chasing). It only took 3 days.

Hope this helps someone. I love walking my buddy and it was good for me too but I couldn't stand the shoulder pain in the morning.
Angelstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!