View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 10:35 AM   #3
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Joey teared up quite a bit as a puppy and someone told me that only giving them only distilled water helps. I don't know why this works, but it worked for Joey. It takes about three days. We were using it for a while and he had no tearing, and then one day, I noticed he was tearing again, so I thought that this wasn't the answer, but my DH admitted giving him regular water. Lol, usually he won't admit to anything. Every once in a while, I tried to put Joey on regular water and the tears would start up again. Around the age of 8 months, though, I switch again, and have never needed to go back. I used distilled water purchased from Walmart especially made for baby formula, it contains fluoride which I believe is beneficial, and you can be sure it safe for drinking. Some distilled water may not be safe for drinking because germs can grow in water and distilled water is primarily meant for steam irons and that sort of thing so it doesn't need to be "drinking safe." The water Walmart sells is $1.00 per gallon.

Sometimes excessive tearing can be due to alergies, and a change in diet helps, we didn't need to do this with Joey, and he simply "out grew" the problem.

Join today and remove this ad!