View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 09:32 AM   #11
GoofyBritt
YT Addict

Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndwife View Post
Hi everyone-
I am new to this forum and I am happy that I have found you all. I have 2 9week old yorkies and they are brother and sister. We picked them up on July 4th. The girl yorkie got sick last Tuesday and started having seizures. They are under control know and the vet still does not know what she has exactly, but has ruled out a liver shunt. She does still have diarrea from the food she is eating. She was in the hospital all of last week, finally coming home on Tuesday.

Today, my boy is sick. He has vomitted three times today and has diarrea. He ate a little bit of food today, but made him sick. I am waiting on a call from the vet, but any suggestions?

Also, to top it all off, I called the breeder about this and she will not return my call.

Thanks in advance!
I had the exact same problem but I got my baby from PetLand on Bethel... I believe it was the dog flu... He had classic symptoms of kennel cough but also had lethargy, a siezure from hypoglycema a week after we got him. He is just now recovering. We got him June 6th or 7th at 9 weeks of age.

Best thin you can do is continue to rule out medical problems and just if you have to - feed via syringe meat baby food... We had to do that for several weeks as he would not touch his food. We went through 3 different types of dry food, tons of baby food, canned foods, etc... He was very sick.

I highly suggest feeding baby food for a few weeks several times a day. As much as he will eat. But do not buy ham/pork baby food as that has a high risk of causing pancreatitis.

Good luck! I wish you well.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!