View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 09:21 AM   #10
Sunnie
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieRose View Post
I would like to see the pedigree..but just out of curiosity, since the breeder is selling him as a stud potential.
I feel he is too long and leggy, light in color to produce show pups..and he is too coarse in his features.. I would sell him as a pet to be neutered...JMO JMO

DO not lock yourself into a stud if you are hoping for show potential pups. GO and buy top of the line champion stud service with the best bitches you can get...and buy from a breeder who actually shows...the breeder has cute pets, but I see no show potentials or champions she has finished..pets do not produce show stock 99% of the time...harsh, but true. I can dance around this and waste your time and money ..or be honest, brutally honest I have been told...LOL GOOD LUCK
Hi Pat, don't want to steal this thread, but did want to ask you to elaborate on finding top of the line champion stud service. I am not in a position to buy a stud right now. and I have my males nuetered now because I didn't feel they were of good enough quality to produce a show quality dog. That being said, I think Rainbow is good enough quality. My females are all spayed now too except for Rainbow, so I am looking for top od the line champion stud service. I had found one that I was going to breed Rainbow with on her next heat, but he was sold, so now I am looking for a stud (service) to breed her to on her next heat which should be around October. Doing a search online, all I find a mediocre pet quality studs being offered. I don't live close enough to any shows to be able to go to them consistantly, although if I do decide to show Rainbow, I will have to go out of town (actually totally out of my area) to shows. The first time I bred Sunshine (Rainbow's mom) I used a stud from a show breeder here in California about 4 hours away from me. I don't particularly care for this breeder or her practices so I don't want to use her again. Plus she would NOT allow me to pay a stud fee, she wanted pick of the litter only even if only 1 puppy was produced. So how would I go about finding a top of the line champion stud service. Rainbow (and her mom Sunshine) have fairly nice pedigrees and champions in the first 3 generations.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!