View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 08:51 AM   #6
Bravo916
No Longer a Member

I hope this doesnt come across the wrong way because this is not my intent.

Sometimes you need to start with a dog/bitch outside of your line, prove his/her worthiness to breed via a conformation title and only when that has been attained use them in your breeding program. A conformation title is more than 2 letters before the dogs registered name, it is a consensus by breed professionals that your dog conforms to the breed standard set forth and is a good representation of the breed.

Just because a dog is CH sired does not make it CH quality. A dog that is not CH quality is unlikely to throw pups that will succeed in the ring. If you want to produce quality dogs you need to stop breeding pets.

I think it would be a great idea to go to a few shows and talk to breeders in the ring. Tell them what your goals are and that you would like to start breeding to improve the breed. Ask them to evaluate your breeding stock and listen unbiasedly to what they say. If you follow their advice I have no doubt you will attain your goal.

Best of luck to you. This sounds like something you are really passionate about.
Bravo916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!