Thread: Another Scam
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 08:45 AM   #9
YorkieAunt
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkawczak View Post
I actually was so stupid,that last christmas there was a offer for two maltese pups for $300.00 . The person actually told me her phone number and e-mail address...I never thought it was a scam,she said she was in a church missionary and had to move with them to Africa and it was too hot and just wanted to re-home them together.All I had to pay was shipping. She actually called me and gave me her church secretary name and everything to send the wired money to. She e-mailed pictures and videos of them....LOL I, like a fool wired my kids christmas money to her ...he..... IT!!!! LESSON LEARNED!!!! My birthday is the day after christmas,and I cried all day. It was devastating. I reported her . She spelled her name (ROBBIN With 2 B"s) and when I goggled it, it was a scam and had happened to several people. I will never be so ignorant again.
It is definitely a hard lesson learned I, personally, was always too scared to buy anything over the internet. If I couldn't see it in person, then I didn't buy it. It has only been recently that I have actually started buying stuff off of ebay. I really don't like paying for something before I actually get it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!