View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 08:29 AM   #4
majesticyorkies
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncanmom View Post
Hi-

I went to the site, I have a few concerns. Does this woman show dogs, is this male a champion, or is she just talking about champions back from the early 1900's that she didn't have anything to do with? She says that "some of her lines" well, what about the rest of her lines?

Second, the dogs that were sired by this dog, and this dog have HUGE ears. Also, low tail sets, which is VERY difficult to breed out. I would never breed to a male with a low tail set, or want him as part of my breeding program. The color too doesn't seem consistant and you don't want silver/white pups, you can show them, but you will be wasting your money, not even the best of handlers could finish it.

Are there other breeders that you could find in your area that goes to shows that you could speak with?

Duncanmom
This male came from fire brands kennels she bought him 3 yrs ago, his dad is a finished champion, I would only brred himo a blk and gold fm witch I have, but what is a low tail set, as far as I can tell he holds is tail stait up when he walks is that wat you mean ? have so much to learn? and No I haven't met any breeders that show here that want to help me, I have met a few that want me to buy a puppy from them for 2500.00 and pay them 3-5000.00 to show the pup, But that is not wha I want to do, I want to show my own pup. Thats why I came here for help, I want to learn, I am willing to take any advice that anyone will be so kind as to give to help me know what to look for, Sallie told me she did showher dogs at one time, But I don't know how long ago that was? Could you give me more details on low tail set please? And I realy want to handle my own dogs as well, at least at first but I have to breed the right yorkie first and formost, I may sound nuts to you, I am sorry if I do, But I want to breed my own line I know I can and it may take me 10 more yrs of breeding to do it but that why My hope is to get the right advice on the males I use, Chipper is the male I have used for 2yrs now but all rthe pups I try to keep end up too small to show,Baily is 2nd male but he has just now sired I litter for me 3 weeks old way too young to ascess yet, I would love your help if you don't mind. thank you so much, Denise
majesticyorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!