View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 01:22 PM   #9
cataholic
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I don't know how I survived either. I lived on my bike, no helmet either. I was always outside unsupervisored at a young age. I would pet any animal that walked in my yard. I would stand up on the seat beside my grandfather in his truck. I would ride in the back of the truck on the highway a lot. I was always outside, I never used sunscreen. I would ride my bike 5 miles to town on a bike trail. My granfather never knew or I would have gotten in big trouble.

But my kids HAVE to be in a seatbelt, HAVE to wear sunscreen. They don't wear bike helmets, we live in the country and they don't ride much. They are not allowed to ride in a back of a truck. They do not walk anywhere. I even drive my 16 year old 3 houses up to his friend's house.

I don't know how dogs survived either. I fed my chihuahua chocolate, sweet tarts, tomatoes, raw potatoes, you name it. She ate anything I did. And my grandparents never took her to the vet.

I have learned a lot about pet care as I aged. I grew up on a farm and my grandparents had the farmer mentality.
cataholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!