View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 12:46 PM   #6
cory
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnykins View Post
thanks cory, im glad you try to do it yourself too. I had a pair of scissors in my set so ive just had a go with them all over !!! kinny let me with out too much wriggling iv e never cut hair before but just remembered combing and using my fingers as a straight guide, I have done it in 3 mini sessions , im impressed with the back and sides definately shorter but without that step look, perhaps iv e missed my vocation !! im gonna leave her ears as i like the big bat look, trouble is once you start u just wantto take that little bit more !! well enoughfor tonight i will have a mini tidy up of her tomorrow !!
Good for you for trying to clip her. It should get better with more and more experience. I bought a set of clippers that are narrow ones that I use for shaving the top third of the ears in a V shape. I also shave the inside too, and both Mica and Kali don't mind at all. The clippers are quiet ones and work really quickly. Basically I scissor cut them the rest of the way too which isn't too hard as I just keep them at knee length, clip under the tail, and around their paws, and then shape their face with a rounded look. The only problem I have really is cutting their nails as they hate it. I get my husband to give them a little treat that they really like (like a small piece of cheese) and then they don't even seem to notice me clipping the nails. I'm so worried to cut too much off and don't want the nails to bleed. They are still young, 8 and 12 months so hopefully they'll settle down with the nail clipping once they get a little older. Take care.
cory is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!