View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 11:13 AM   #10
mel Vincente
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Totally agree. Putting Ada on Science Diet, which is usually chock full of FOOD ALLERGENS will only exacerbate her situation. I would recommend that Ada get on the best possible diet she can, to help boost her own immune system (meaning, the best diet her owner is willing to do).

The pet nutritionist we worked w/ for Marcel recommends ProAller and Notatum for allergies (askariel.com), but I don't know if that's an option for Ada. If it is a grass allergy, spraying their paws and/or wearing booties can help.

Personally, if I was working with a vet who thought my dog's 3-mths-a-year allergies were food related, you can be SURE I'd be switching vets real quick. I'm pretty appalled that he's calling this a food allergy. Please.
I have to agree with Willie's Mom..I'm on my third vet now and when you don't have experience with this sort of thing you just go along with the vets hoping they know what they are talking about.. I have found that many of them DO NOT...Thank God for this site it has helped me so much or at least has given me options to research on my own.. I don't medicate my children so I don't want to medicate my dog. (although like Ellie May said for quality of life only..) A question to willie's mom: would you recommend raw to help with airborne or seasonal allergies?? Would it help for the immune system?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!