View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 08:54 AM   #13
TeresaM
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinell View Post
On the subject of potty pads ... does your Gracie also try to use the edges versus the centre? This has resulted in some "overflow" to the floor and I am not sure how to correct this ... he obviously is aiming for the right area so I still give him a "good boy!" and a treat ... any advice on this?
Gracie does pretty well to get it all on the pad, but does sometimes miss. I think it's all about them figuring out they have to get the bum on the pad and not just their front feet. My little Annie never did get that figured out complete. More times then not, there'd be a little puddle just off the edge. I know she had to have had her front feet on the pad, but just couldn't figure out to get her whole body on. I went so far as to use a blue magic marker and draw a big dot in the center of the pad and told her to aim for the dot! Crazy as it sounds that helped and she did better after that.

Just keep up what you are doing with the praise and treats and I bet he gets it figured out. G did. Oh, and take LOTS of pictures as they grow up way to fast.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!