View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 09:38 PM   #4
mypreciouspups
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_age View Post
Hi, I'm a new Yorkie owner and I might be overly concerned. But after reading some of the posts tonight, I'm a little worried about my new baby. He is 15 weeks old and was given a Parvo and Rabies shot today as well as dewormer. He was his normal self for awhile but about after an hour, he threw up. He continued to semi-purge. I could see something was coming up and then he would swallow it down. He took a nap for a couple of hours and again returned to his normal self, playful as ever...and then he threw up again. He had a few fits of what I think is reverse sneezing. These fits have happened about once a week since I had him, but never more than once a day. Now he's been resting for four hours. He seems okay but I usually can't get him to bed before midnight! (So far he's slept from 7:30 to 11:30pm) I'm worried about the shots. It seems most posts I've read say that rabies shouldn't be given until 6 months, he's 3 months. And then that multiple shots shouldn't be given together. I figure I'll wait it out until the morning. But is it time for me to find a new vet?? Any thoughts on the vet's practices or my puppies condition would be appreciated.
First off.. a parvo can be given.. but rabies.. way too young.. should be at least 4 months and a good vet would not do double needles at once.. mine will let me pay for the last parvo and then rablies but I go back two weeks later for the rabies.. it is too hard on their tiny systems..anne
mypreciouspups is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!