View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 09:27 PM   #1
angel_age
Yorkie Talker

Default Rabies and Parvo shot given today...a little worried

Hi, I'm a new Yorkie owner and I might be overly concerned. But after reading some of the posts tonight, I'm a little worried about my new baby. He is 15 weeks old and was given a Parvo and Rabies shot today as well as dewormer. He was his normal self for awhile but about after an hour, he threw up. He continued to semi-purge. I could see something was coming up and then he would swallow it down. He took a nap for a couple of hours and again returned to his normal self, playful as ever...and then he threw up again. He had a few fits of what I think is reverse sneezing. These fits have happened about once a week since I had him, but never more than once a day. Now he's been resting for four hours. He seems okay but I usually can't get him to bed before midnight! (So far he's slept from 7:30 to 11:30pm) I'm worried about the shots. It seems most posts I've read say that rabies shouldn't be given until 6 months, he's 3 months. And then that multiple shots shouldn't be given together. I figure I'll wait it out until the morning. But is it time for me to find a new vet?? Any thoughts on the vet's practices or my puppies condition would be appreciated.
angel_age is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!