Thread: My poor Lacey!
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 06:44 PM   #1
Whitney Allen
Yorkie Yakker

Default My poor Lacey!

So, this is sort of a long story, but here it goes...

about a month ago i noticed a weird clot of blood under lacey's right eye. i looked at it and saw a teeny tiny hole and just figured she got stung by a bee or she was rough housing with one of my parents dogs. well 3 days later it had yet to clear up in the slightest, so i went ahead and took her to the vet. i was absolutely SHOCKED with what she told me. she said that little terriers are known for having this issue and that she somehow cracked one of her teeth (molars) and it got infected and the root of her tooth ended up pushing through the poor little girls cheek. anyway, she said she'd eventually need surgery to remove the tooth and to fix the abscess. she is having her surgery on thursday morning & i'm glad because each day that hole is getting bigger and bigger...i feel so bad for her, but she still plays normally so it must not bother her too much! i'll attach a picture of her icky under eye.

i'm also posting this under the my yorkie section because i am just curious to see if anybody else has had this issue arise with their dog!

photo 1 is just her being precious and photo 2 is of her gross abscess thing! ewwwww

thanks for reading, y'all have a great night!! --whitney
Attached Thumbnails
My poor Lacey!-n12300365_37754219_8980.jpg   My poor Lacey!-100_1193.jpg  
Whitney Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!