View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 03:59 PM   #2
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shell820810 View Post
My new pup has had such a bad day. I took my eyes off her for one second when she was beside me on the sofa when I leant over to reach something on the coffee table, and she jumped off. She yelped for a few seconds and then she seemed ok.

Then a few hours later we were out playing in the garden (I have had her for 6 days, and she seemed familiar with the garden). She loves running really fast round the garden from one end to the other, but she ran straight into the metal pole of the clothes line. Again she yelped for a few seconds, and then was back to normal. She has beening playing, eating and drinking as normal ever since, though she does seem a lot more cautious of things, and has been a bit startled by noises all evening.

Now I'm afraid to even let her play. She hates being confined to her X-pen, she normally has full run of the kitchen except for underneath the tables and chairs. I'm afraid to let her into the garden off the leash, even though she loves running about. Am I being over cautious, or should I be a bit stricter on her freedom?
ah yes.. the joys of being a yorkie parent. When she is outside.. i would keep a CLOSE eye on her since it sounds like she is just a pup! and they can get into anything in no time at all. So outside i'd say tie her up or put her leash around your waist. In the house... until she knows where she is allowed i'd keep a good eye on her!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!