View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 12:58 PM   #11
Fuzzmom
Yorkie Yakker

Right now it might be too much for him, try something Teeeny, like a fragment of chop or steak with just a little bone in it. I've even started mine on grizzle with a chip of bone from a porkchop or something like that. Make sure the chunks are teeny right now, too. Even if he never transitions to whole food, you are still on the right track. Another trick I use is to offer a marrow bone, with something yummy stuck in it, like pb or freezedried live, to get him gnawing. Right now he might not know he can eat bone. Try a small chicken wing, play tug of war, "yes mom it's okay to play with your food in this case" to get him interested. If he chews on toys while playing, throw it, he might grab it and chaunk down and get the idea. Make it Fun!! My terrier mx is still intimidated by whole food, so I have to play with him and get him interested, then he usually devours it, just getting him started can be a little slow. Do you have any other fuzzes on raw? Sometimes they copy each other. Imagine a Lab Not knowing she could eat a bone/ It took the Yorkie to teach her1 From a distance, of course, he doesn't share well.
Fuzzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!