View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 10:12 AM   #1
Cookie2
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default HOW and WHEN Do you Introduce a new Puppy to Older Dogs in your Home?

I was wondering about this since yesterday.Lucky is only 8 days old and he is still with Lola in the whelping box. Lola now is now walking around a lot more in our masterbathroom .Before she wouldnt leave the whelping box and hold her pee for as long as possible so she wouldnt leave her baby.
They have an Xpen around them. Well yesterday our 2 Yorkies were curious and walked in the bathroom and immediately saw the puppy and were sniffing all around the gate.Lola jumped out and started growling and barking like never before. Itotally understand this is her mother instinct to protect her baby.
I'm just wondering at how many weeks should I introduce the puppy to our other 2 yorkies? Lola seems like she will deffinately want to fight the 2 yorkies to keep away from her baby. Is 6 weeks too soon to introduce the new puppy? Or should I wait until at least 8 weeks? I want the other yorkies to get used to the new addition to the family as I dont want this to be a total shock the day this new puppy starts walking around them lol...

Genie,Cookie,Lola ,Angel & Lucky
Cookie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!