View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 03:44 PM   #12
SoCalyorkiLvr
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomLee
My Yorkie LOVES the dog park. We go to the small dog section. And yes, the rule is that leashes must be removed. They require this because being on a leash can promote aggression.

With that said, the first day we introduced him to the dog park, we left his leash on because we were not sure how he would act. We let go of the leash and let him drag it behind him. I've seen an owner or two do the same thing as well.

Anyways, our Yorkie was fine w/ the other dogs. He is the most hyper one there, but he is able to socialize w/ the other dogs just fine.

So we removed the leash the next time we went.

As Yorkieagility said though, just make sure that you have command of your dog. I also somewhat trail and keep an eye on my dog (we ONLY go to the small dog area). And please do not allow complete strangers (like little kids) to pick up your dog...as they may not know how to properly pick up and hold dogs. God forbid if they accidentally drop your dog on the ground and break it's leg...
Wow... I really hope we are able to do a socal YT meetup soon cuz Hefner is the same way. He loves dog park and he is sooo hyper. I would love to meet your babies and you.
SoCalyorkiLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!