Thread: Silver Yorkies
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 06:16 PM   #12
yorkiekist
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmourYorkies View Post
Some people may get mad but..............I just dont get why people are sooooo against breeding various colors because they aren't the "standard" not saying that I agree with breeding colors as we are not sure of health problems they may present but I think it is being hypocritical when someone says that certain colors shouldn't be bred because it is not the standard when 90% of all yorkies being bred ARE NOT THE STANDARD OR EVEN CLOSE!!!!! I have seen many dogs in the for sale area and the nursery area that are the total opposite of the standard for a yorkie. So I find it quite funny when someone says you shouldn't breed certain colors because it isn't the standard but then they go and breed a yorkie that according to AKC is not the a proper representation of the breed either. So I think if people are to criticise one thing because it doesn't represent the yorkie properly they should criticise another.
I thought your big dream was to breed "perfect", top quality show yorkies? Well, when and if you ever start breeding the "perfect" yorkie, you will find that every puppy will not be show quality, be it because of conformation or color. Even the ones that you will eventually breed will not produce all show quality yorkies. Why do think its funny? Do you think its funny that some of us on here strive to breed to the YTCA standard? Do you think its funny that some of us on here want to preserve the yorkie and the standard and dont want it to go down hill because of indescriminate breeding? Do you think its funny that some of us on here give advice, sometimes a little harshly, on the correct way to breed in hopes that someone might listen? When you get to be a "big, top" breeder of show quality yorkies, I hope you are down to Earth enough to be a mentor or at least try to do your best to preserve the YTCA standard for this breed.I hope that you will be saying "dont breed for silvers or designer dogs or chocolates or parties".
Sorry, your post just rubbed me the wrong way.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!