View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 06:09 PM   #4
Gypsy & Me
lovin my girls
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcerella02 View Post
does blowing in her nose help? I feel like if Layla would just drink it would fix it.. lol.. it sounds like her throat is dry and the walls of her throat are sticking together... today was her longest episode and i got really nervous but i wanted to stay calm for her and just petted her...
Yes it does help. Gypsy was diagnosed with CT last year and the vet agree that while I was able to control it there was no need for medical treatment. I told him how I tilt her head slightly to make her throat more open, blow gently down towards her nose to bring more air to her and rub her throat gently with my finger tips while having my thumb at the back of her neck to massage there to to help her relax quicker. I always go to her level too, either kneel aside the sofa or get down on the floor with her so she can look at me and I keep my face calm so she knows not to panic. My vet said to refrain from picking them up too because it's putting pressure on them which makes it harder for them to get a good lung full of air.

Gypsy can have a breathing problem from anything from 30 seconds to 3 minutes before her breathing is normal again. My vet said that at the minute she would just pass out if she didn't regulate her breathing after so long but we haven't got to that point yet and we have had some occassions when she has really panicked.
Gypsy & Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!