View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 01:46 PM   #3
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDiana View Post
Forgive me if this has been posted already - I only skimmed through the forum looking for a post so it's likely I may have missed an entire discussion on this.

Currently Franklin and Maggie are on Wellness and I love it. Both have done extremely well on it and I'd like to continue feeding it.

I saw recently that Petco now carries Wellness. Does anybody know if this raises concern? I know that Petco has had issues with their food packaging factories in the past. I just wonder if Wellness being sold at Petco affects it's quality? I'm ecstatic to see it being offered at Petco because I no longer have to drive 25 minutes to get food, but if the quality has been compromised, I will switch - no question about it.
well.. people are on both sides of the fence on this one. It's great that Wellness (a wonderful food) is being carried at Petco and thus more people will be giving their dogs a quality food. However, the other side says... now that Wellness is being produced on a larger scale, will quality control be compromised? Also you are right, Petco doesn't seem to have very tight rules when it comes to the quality of the storage of pet food. In time... i'll probably switch. I'd prefer a smaller company that i can trust the quality control (well... trust is relative word when talking kibble... which is why i home cook )
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!