View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 09:19 PM   #11
lily2008
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Thank you all for being so supportive, you don't know how much it means to me that people care... God bless you guys...

As I replied to Riley's mom.. right after my post I went to a 24 hour hospital and they gave her valium to suppress the seizures and they did lab work and everything checked out fine so he felt there was something wrong the central nervous system..(all things considered we spent 7 hours waiting with no answer on how she was doing until we had to ask..it was horrible the service was terrible and the nurses were very rude) the whole time we spent there she spent about a half hour with the doctor. we were finally able to take her to our family vet that we know very well and he wanted to wait and she what would happen so he took her home with him, feed her the a/d diet and later that evening he called to say she was doing great and she had no seizures...so we picked her up and spent the rest of the night monitoring her and she was doing good...this morning came and around 5:30 am she had a seizure, we afterwards fed her immediately thinking it was her glucose and she was fine... throughout the day we fed her every 2 hours or so and then at 5:30 she had another seizure, the doctor called to see how she was doing and we let him know what had happened...he then realized since she had been fed it couldn't have been the hypoglycemia so he agreed its something with the central nervous system...so tomorrow first thing in the morning he is going to see her and will put her on medication...
lily2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!