View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 08:51 PM   #14
lovelylf1
I ♥ Scooter
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunamand View Post
Question about Scooter on Wellness - my pup Darwin is also on Wellness Super5 Mix, he's been on it for about 2 weeks now. I know this thread is about food, but I wanted to see if anyone has any feedback about their pups eating Wellness and their poop. Darwin's poop seems to be very inconsistent on Wellness, I feed 1/4 kibble in the AM, and whatever's left of his morning kibble with a table spoon of wet in the evening. Some days he will have good firm poop, but days like today, he had firm poop this morning, and this afternoon he had kinda soft poop, it's not diarreah, but it definitely is softer than usual. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this with Wellness? The only human food he gets is a little bite of apple, or banana, or string cheese once in a while. If the human food is the cause of his soft poop, I will definitely stop giving it to him. Any thoughts?
I know what you mean on the change in poop. It rarely happens but it does occasionally looks softer, 99.5% of the time is poop is consistant. When Scooters poop gets a little soft, if I walk away for a few minutes, say to throw the ball with him or something and then circle back to scoop it up, it always has gotten stiff. I mix a tablespoon of wet food in at night to, just to change up the taste a little. He doesn't get people food other than veggies that are recommended for blending, like green beans and carrots.

His soft poops are never runny and his coat is dramatically better since I switched. The vet says he is very healthy and has also noticed a difference in his coat (I visited with the vet because for a time I thought it was his shampoo or something that caused the skin and coat problems). With the vets approval, I am going to continue. I think it is a great brand and so long as I don't get diarreha from him or other health issues, I plan to keep him on it. The occasional soft yet non-diarreha poop could be genetic....anyone else have any ideas?

Last edited by lovelylf1; 07-13-2008 at 08:54 PM.
lovelylf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!