View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 05:14 PM   #11
stedmansmommy
I Love My Lil' Punkin's
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
The preferred way is internally (for best results) but some do it externally).

What size are they? Smaller than small grapes? Is he scooting? Is there a smell?

I am asking because it is okay to express if they need it but if they don't, you could start something that didn't need to be done in the first place and you may have to continue doing it then. The fluid will just build up again and if they get emptied too often, the sphincter (I think it is) can weaken. So I'm not saying not to do it but I would just try not to do it constantly and make it a habit if it isn't necessary (in some dogs it may be though).
Well the first time he did it (internally) VERY LITTLE came out...and I mean VERY LITTLE. I don't think he did it long enough or something Heck I don't know, I do know that I sound like a total idiot though because we have never done this before.

As far as their size goes...this is going to sound even more stupid but I honestly don't know All I know is that there is an area under his, ummm....."hole" lol...and it looks kinda puffy, like it's bulging a little. He isn't scooting on the floor at all, in fact, he acts like it kind of hurts him to sit down (he has only acted like this since the whole constipation thing though, which started last night) - and there is absolutely no smell what so ever.

I don't know what I should do I really do feel that he does need them expressed, but I know that I don't want to hurt him trying. I think I will let my hubby read what Kellie wrote and see if he thinks he is capable of doing it.

Thank you so much for all your help!

They have us wrapped around their little paws!

Last edited by stedmansmommy; 07-13-2008 at 05:15 PM.
stedmansmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!