Thread: Free Whelping
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 12:21 PM   #9
YorkieRose
No Longer a Member

Default sections

There is no black and white answer to this question. What was the reason for needing a section? One over sized pup, puppy blocking birth canal, weak contractions..on and on.

It does not sit right with me to make a blanket statement as this or any... and if you do not comply, you are unethical, uncaring etc.

I give a bitch two chances...many free whelp the second time and there after..a few do not and are spayed.
I had a girl with very poor contractions.. gave oxyie and then a section...vet said to try again...I thought if she had poor contractions the first time, she would have poor contractions the next..stands to reason, right? My vet was there for me 24/7, so I bred the girl again...she free whelped with strong contractions..and went on to have a couple more litters. I have had girls with one large pup and sectioned, but the next litter was 4 and no problems...see my point?

I have had bitches free whelp two litters, need a section and go on to free whelp the next...
No one has the right to tell the knowledgable, well seasoned breeder how to breed..the novice needs a good mentor to help them make wise choices. I do respect those who are very concerned with the welfare of these bitches, but no one has to tell the ethcial breeder how to do it..

Last edited by YorkieRose; 07-13-2008 at 12:24 PM.
YorkieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!