View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 08:34 AM   #1
bfollowell
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Jackson and Bear's daddy is missing!

My son came over after work last night and we were up late talking and the pups came up. Jackson and Bear always seem to come up! Anyway, my son mentioned that one of their Yorkies, Luka, Jackson and Bear's daddy is missing. He said they let him out into the backyard and he got out. He's been gone for a couple of days. They've combed the neighborhood and the roads and posted signs everywhere but haven't seen or heard anything yet. I told him he needs to make sure his mom calls the local animal shelter first thing tomorrow if she hasn't already. Hopefully he'll turn up though. I think he has a tag. I know my little guys will be getting tags and will be getting "chipped" VERY soon after they come home with me.

I used it as a good teaching experience for my son. I've been telling my kids, when Jackson and Bear come home, there is no "letting" them out. There is only "taking" them out. You take them out and you stay with them. I don't have a fenced yard but even if I did, this is a perfect example that a fence isn't everything. These little guys love to dig and roam and investigate. Hopefully this will all turn out well and Luka will be home soon but it will also be a good learning experience for my kids.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!