View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 08:01 AM   #8
Snow Yorkies
Biewer Passionate
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaluiah
I really think its a shame too!! We are doing everything we can to help!!
My dad is even discussing with my mom to take in a family from there..
It's a big desicion and he has already gotten my ok.. We have 2 extra bedrooms and 1 of them is down stairs and they would have there own bathroom. So it would be like they would have their own appartment.
I would hate to put myself in their shoes because I wouldn't know what to do.
I just hope for the best for all of them!
This is a wonderful thing that your family is doing !!! We have had many dicussions in our home of this tradgedy. This is one of our discussions as well. We in America have large homes with extra room and if everyone would step up and offer their spare rooms out to these people that are in need. Not to mention how many of us have a summer place, or cabin, ect... Once they were placed in homes, help find them temp jobs with Manpower, ect.. or do community work and the government pay them for that as they are still contributing to society. And this would give them a paycheck so they can start providing for their families. If America would come together and take our neighbors in no one would be staying at the Asto-Dome and would have a sense of belonging again. We have taken our own family in so that has taken our extra space. My husband's employers gave my son-in-law work while he is here so he can still provide for his family.
I can't believe what I have been seeing on the television.... we have to wonder why are government hasn't moved faster... At least the elderly and children out. They have a ban of men with guns taking over the city and raping women. 50 officers walked off the job. With all our resources that we have as a country this is unexceptable
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!