View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 06:03 AM   #8
grandmatoall
I Love My Babies
Donating Member

With training a Yorkie.. love has to be in there somewhere. You have learned from your last dog that indifference does not help any animal. These little guys will do anything you ask of them. Be consistant with your training and NEVER hit them. They have so much love to give that it is amazing. And they are so smart.. and occasionally a little stubborn. But they will always love you. They are a member of your family and need to be treated as such. Your best bet, besides the trainer, is to read up on this wonderful breed, learn all you can about them. I thought I knew so much about them until I joined YT. I have found out that I really didn't know as much as I thought I did. There is so much information here, and so many people who are very knowledgeable willing to share that knowledge. All you have to do is ask. There are links to video's, books, just about anything you want to know about them. Please take the time to read about these special little Yorkies. You will never regret it.

It took a lot of guts for you to come on here and tell everyone of your past mistakes and your wanting not to repeat it. I wish you the best of luck with your new baby.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!