View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 06:32 PM   #6
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Thanks guys. I do not have info. on the breeder but know she's not good. Jersey did not have a good start and I chalked a lot of earlier behaviors such as the skiddishness to that but she should have been out of it by now. I did some research and came up with something called Rage Syndrome. It's found in some cockers but also in terriers. I'm sure a lot of this has to do with bad breeding - in breeding possibly but they say Rage Syndrome is not prevetable and it's the way the brain has developed. Jersey has all the symptoms of it. Right down to it occuring more so at night. We call it the witching hour. She also likes to hide in corners and has the glazed out of it look when she gets like this then after she is gentle and loving. Some of what I read have also sugggested that research has shown that this is caused by food allergies. Now, Jersey does have allergies. I am constantly cleaning black sludge out of her ears which the vet said is caused by allergies. I'm going to talk to the vet on Monday. From what I've read there is nothing that can be done if it is Rage Syndrome except try medication and if not they suggest putting the dog down as they are unpredictable and dangerous. I just don't think that is something I'm able to do but at the same time do not know what to do. She is a good girl and very loving with us UNTIL she snaps. Then she is someone we don't recognize and she does not even realize when she is like that. Elaine
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!