View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 05:53 PM   #1
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Default Something is not right.

I'm having a problem and I'm wondering if anyone else had had similiar. Jersey is over a year old and she is different then any other Yorkie I've had. Since we got her at 10 weeks she just has not been right. First of all, when she first came to me she was like a fural cat, had hardly any hair and was always cold and she had trouble eating. She was always afraid. She would gobble her food and run and hide after. I chalked that up to where she was at and that maybe she had to fend for herself. Over time the food thing got better and she also got better with letting us pick her up etc. She for the most part is very good with us (meaning myself, hubby and two kids and our other Yorkies) but she will try to bite or attack anyone that comes into our home so we have to gate her.

She also is weird in that she is anti social. All the girls like to sleep with me or be near me. Jersey like to be off by herself. She does not sleep with anyone and growls if anyone goes near her. Lately she has been getting veyr aggressive. She for no reason will growl and snap at Lilly. Also the other night she decided to lay up on our bed and hubby came and and said move over Jersey and she growled at him. He yelled and told her don't you growl at me and went to pick her up to move her and she bit him. I went to pick her up and tell her no and she bit me. Now, today she for no reason just started snapping and growling and I went to pick her up and was bitten twice. Not hard she's only 5 pounds but we do not know why this is happening. She almos seems to not know what she is doing because after she just looks at me and licks me lik nothing happened.

She's vetted, well cared for, always plenty of food and loved - my girls are my babies. This is nothing we are causing. Believe me. And, I just don't know what to do. We could never rehome her because she would never go with anyone and honestly she is not suitable for any home.

I'm wondering if there is somehting wrong in her brain. I've discussed some of th eissues with the vet and he says that it's just her personality but I am convinced that somethin has to be wrong. Also she was always socialized as a pup but like I said she was very skiddish and the best way to describe her is she's just plain crazy.

Has anyone had issues like this and if so were they caused by something medical. I am really a wreck. I love my girls and my heart says soemthing is wrong with her. hubby is wearing thin and is afraid she will hurt one of the kids or one of the girls and told me in his oppinion she should be put down but I cannot do that but just don't know what to do. Elaine
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!