View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 05:36 AM   #6
Hickey007
YT 500 Club Member

I completely agree. I actually saw a gov't official and reporter get into it because the gov't official claimed that they didn't know it was going to get this bad. Ok let's say for a minute they didn't still have a plan in case it does then if it doesn't we'll all just be thankful.

But here this will make you even madder. I have to vent a minute. I live in the south, in a college town to be exact. Well its football season and the first game is this weekend. Well many people came to our town before and after Katrina. So needless to say our hotels are packed and I don't know anymore but there were shelters set up at the recreation center on campus and such. Anyway people had reservations for the hotels this weekend so they could go to the game and from what I hear hotels (mainly one that I've heard so far, and its the one of the more expensive hotels here) is kicking those people out that came up. Personally I think they should say "hey these people may have lost there homes and you don't want to miss a football game? Deal with it". The allumni assoc. sent out an email saying that if you knew anyone, friends, family, or anything, that was coming to have them stay in your home so they don't take the rooms from the evacuees. And not that it should matter but the game isn't even going to be a good one, its just that its opening game.

I'm sorry guys, just had to vent a little. The south is always known to be so polite and welcoming apparently that just if you don't get in the way of their football. I didn't mean to offend anyone here, I'm from the south born and raised so I know that not everyone is like this and I'm sure some hotels won't kick people out. I just can't believe anyone would. Oh and on a good note some people are actually calling who had reservations and saying "don't make them leave I won't come and also I'll pay for their room this weekend". So its not everyone....

Last edited by Hickey007; 09-02-2005 at 05:39 AM.
Hickey007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!