View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 12:29 PM   #4
PrincessDiana
I ♥ Franklin & Maggie
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stedmansmommy View Post
So glad you found out about that food and how bad it is! There are alot of great foods out there, and I guess choosing your babies food all comes down to what they like (and will eat!) the best Homecooking is great, however, I personally feed my little ones NV Raw (Nature's Variety Raw) and they love it. It's great because it is balanced and has everything they need in the food

Also, Wellness makes a wonderful dry kibble called Wellness Core - it is totally Grain Free which is a huge plus (Grain Free is ALL I feed). The Core comes in 3 different formulas - Ocean, Original, and Reduced Fat. Nature's Variety also makes a really good kibble called Nature's Variety Instinct - another quality, Grain Free food. This also comes in 3 different formulas - Duck Meal & Turkey Meal, Rabbit Meal, and Chicken Meal. I was actually feeding this in conjunction with the NV Raw (I (sometimes) feed 50/50 - dry/raw - other times 100% raw) but my male, the picky eater, decided to stop eating the NV Instinct , so we switched over to Wellness Core and he LOVES the stuff. In fact, that's the ONLY dry kibble the little stinker will eat now

Anyway....sorry for rambling There really are alot of great food choices out there and I wish you luck in finding the perfect one for your babies
Wellness is a GREAT food. Mine get Wellness Core and and Just for Puppy. I too only feed grain-free (well Franklin's puppy food isn't grain-free but it will be). The owner of the store where I get my food from also highly recommended Taste of the Wild. We will definitely try that out as well.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!