View Single Post
Old 03-03-2005, 06:34 AM   #15
bdemotte
Yorkie Talker

thanks for the comments and help...wow! it sounds like i should have used better words to explain my needs.. when Gizmo was born i was dumbstruck, i have never heard of that color before let alone ever seen one, and i wasnt the only one. after talking to my vet i first started researching health risks, along the way i ran across a guy that had two and was breeding, the only thing the add said was very cute but prircey??? reading that i did more research and found some really love this color and will pay to have them. i was warned against selling him for too cheap of a price because some will buy them and turn around and resale them for much more to a someone that will breed him just for the color. i really dont want to see him breed but i cant stop the person who is buying him from doing that.
as i looked into this i have found 2 that were just sold and 1 for sale. if you can belive it the first was advertised as "rare" and also "inbreed" it sold last month for $1690. another was born naturally from different blood lines and sold for $2250 and there is one out there right now for $1800 or $1850 i forget the exact amount.

i am still stunned that there isnt more info out there, it seems there is just too sides to this story....reputable breeders who dislike them and people trying to sell a "rare" dog and make a buck. i am still researching this and will post anything new i find, im sure there is a website somewhere that is unbiased and is filled with info but i have yet to find it, when i do i will let everyone know

im going to try to post a pic for everyone to see Gizmo. i also have a couple pics of full grown chocolates (too cute) that i have found along the way.

hope i didnt stir up too much trouble here. everyone's opinion and knowledge is very usefull and i appricate it.

p.s. i put "chocolate for sale" on purpose to grab some attention......i guess it worked! lol

thanks everyone
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!