Thread: How u did it?
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 11:26 PM   #4
Shirlthepearl
YT Addict

1. How did u get ur yorkie use 2 there names?----- Suzi knows her name already. I've had her 3 days. Just call her name to her, give her a treat when she responds.

2. How did u get ur yorkie 2 listen 2 the "come" command? -----Same answer as the first question. Lots of praise too.

3. How did u get ur yorkie use 2 a leash?----- Put it on her let her drag it around for a little while, then just hold on to it and follow her up and down. (Initially).

4. (Only if ur yorkie use the bathroom in the house) how is everything set up? Do u have a xpen wit his/her bed, food, and a place 2 use the bathrrom? If not explain how u set everything for him/her?----- I don't have an Xpen. As I'm home all day, I take Suzi outside every hour. I have puppy pads down in three places and she does use them. (I'm lucky I have wooden flooring.)

5. How did u train ur yorkie 2 use the bathroom inside? ---TPuppy pads are usually impregnated with something that attracts them.

6. What dog food u fed ur yorkie? How much of it a day? Chicken one meal. Canned puppy food the others. Four times a day to start. Then 3.

Suzi wakes 2/3 times a night to go potty. I have puppy pads down for this. (She's 11 weeks.) Also have picnic mats down (plastic one side fabric the other)as her aim during the night isn't always good.

I've found having eyes in the back of your head is good too while they're small. lol.

Good luck.

Hugs Shirl x x
Shirlthepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!