View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 09:40 PM   #1
littlelady
Currently Suspended!

Confused I'm not sure blood in stools and urine

Wednesday evening my daughter noted one of our 7 week old puppies had blood in there poop. All the pups are energetic and playful.
On tuesday one puppy had vomitted and had diarrhea. I took it to the vet the temperature was normal, they did a fecal, spun it looked at it under a microscope etc. nothing. Thursday more then one puppy has diarrhea and some blood in it but not with every stool. The vet had given me science diet Id I had put that out for them with their new born supplement formula I gave them 1-2 times a day. I had given them a couple times some canned lamb and rice puppy food (pedigree) but I have always given them ground up baby dog or puppy- Royal Canin . The only difference in their environment is I moved the x-pen into my daughters room because it has a wood floor.
I had taken 5 stools to the vet Thursday and they were negative.
Tonite I thought I saw blood in the urine when a couple of the puppies voided. I am using washable pee pads so I am not sure.
The pups have been on the floor only once with nothing under them. Before I put the pups in the room the girls the week before played with glitter on the floor. they vacuumed it and lightly mopped.
I am trying to figure out what could be causing them to have the visible blood. Since I had another dog who has had blood in his feces. I am wondering if it could be my well water?
littlelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!