View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 06:19 PM   #15
khyorkies
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMySissy View Post
I can tell you that the nutrition expert that spoke to us at the meet-up in KC said there should never be "meat by-products" of any kind. This could literally be ANY type of meat and is usually what is discarded by other processing. Wheat gluten should be steered clear of, especially since all the dog food recalls had issues with it. A pure meat should always be the first ingredient listed. Anything "modified" is not good and there are a ton of artificial ingredients in the list of ingredients. The expert also said that if you actually counted the number of vegetables really in the stew you would laugh that it was even listed as an ingredient as that meal probably does not contain enough carrot to make up a very small baby carrot. Many times the "meat" and "vegetables" are actually other processed ingredients made to look like real stuff.

And last, but not least, most commercial dog foods such a Purina and Hills (only to name a few) include lots of added sugar buried in with other ingredients which is why it is so difficult to get an animal that has only been fed basic crap to switch to good stuff.

Thanks for letting me know! Don't worry my dogs WILL NOT get any more of it!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!