View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 05:08 PM   #7
Sloan
Luv Love LOVE My Boys!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchgirl View Post
Do you have a backyard? Introduce them outside of the house initially if possible. Show more attention to Derby than puppy. Yes, puppy should have his own crate. Derby's is Derby's domain...

With an 8 month old...I really don't think you'll have much of an adjustment between the two. Derby is gonna love having a playmate. Just be sure for a little while to give Derby lots of attention.

Ramsey was "first"...she got the first treat, she was let out...first. Now it doesn't matter who is first...

At my house...Ramsey and Reese slept in our bed....Reggie was confined to an x pen. Reggie cried...Ramsey and Reese paid him no attention. I did...ME. Before a week was out...Reggie was in the bed too.

Thank you so much! I hadn't thought of all of the "being first" issues. Yes. That all makes perfect sense now. Derby was first so therefore when there is a second pup he needs reassurance that he is still first. Got it. And here I was worried about me needing reassurance that I was still first with Derby. LOL! Thanks again.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!