View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 05:07 PM   #8
SincrOne
Yorkie Yakker

Let me begin by saying that I offer to you my heart felt prayers and sympathy for I know that it cannot be easy to have received the news that you have received. Living with such unbelieveable and inconceivable news is difficult because we all have the feeling of "not me" until it's us that the doctor is speaking to. May God bless and keep you, and may your family, furkids, and friends be more than enough support to carry you through the rough patches.

That being said, and although I know my opinion may not be the popular one, I tend to agree with your husband. Although he "promised" you another yorkie, taking in another baby at this point would be very taxing. Teaching a furkid to assimilate into your family and your family to assimilate themselves into the life of the dog (training, IMO, goes both ways) is not an easy task. You're facing a serious health matter, a potentially life altering experience, depending on the level and degree of treatments that you will need. Perhaps it would be best to make sure that your own health is stabilized so that when your new baby comes into the family s/he can enter into a family that is prepared to give him/her full focus vs. having to split time between caring for your heightened level of care need and the needs of a new furkid.

I tried to say that as gently as possible, and I hope it is received that way.

Be blessed~
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!