View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 04:21 PM   #6
Pinehaven
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by linz06 View Post
I'm not a breeder, and I wouldn't even consider breeding, but I am curious and have tons of questions about coloring!
Now am I right that chocolates occur from a recessive gene in both parents? And what about biewers?
All these questions just came up when I was browsing local dogs for sale ads and I came across this:

F1 Biewer Yorkies...Bianca, Ava & Isabella
BEAUTIFUL "BARBIE DOLLS" STUNNING & EXQUISITE FEMALE Biewer X Yorkie cross Puppies. TINY, SWEET AND LOVABLE AS CAN BE. ...GORGEOUS FACES. GREAT THICK SILKY COATS TOO. DARLING IN EVERY WAY.
Little Yorkie girls that carry for the biewer color as well as chocolate!
Bianca & (Ava sold)are going to be silver... Isabella will be black/tan
all of the girls have white accents on them
They are totally enchanting little sweethearts

The "biewer color as well as chocolate" part kind of threw me off. Plus they're only asking $975 for these babies which seems way too low!
Can anyone share some knowledge?
In order for the pups to carry both the biewer (parti gene) and chocolate gene, one parent would need to be a biewer and the other a chocolate (or maybe one parent is a Biro - chocolate biewer basically).

How old are the pups? They must have some age on them, otherwise how would they know that two were going to be silver and one was going to be black and tan?

I think I'd be a bit suspicious and cautious ... the only key word they didn't use in the ad was tea cup!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!