View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 03:42 PM   #5
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajashv View Post
Thank you for your quick response. As far as the reaction, I have been unemployed until a month and half ago AND my vet office closed so...long story short I took him to a local pet store where the vets come in and provide "packages at reasonable prices" - for me, it was a bad decision. Within 24 hours Cocomo became lethargic, loss of appetite and in general he was not himself (in the extreme). He would stop and just stare and not budge a muscle. He would barely drink water too. I took him to an emergency vet who said, "his shots may have been given via a "dirty needle" and he was not sure whether or not the severe reaction was to rabies or heartworm medication. So, he gave him Cephalexin, Anti-allergy injection and an antibiotic injection.
sounds like a DEFINITE reaction to the vaccine.. ah well. .live and learn.. you were very lucky you got him there in time. I would be reluctatnt to give him rabies again... dogs dont' need it yearly and if he has had it yearly for 10 years... i am completely confident he could go without it and i'm sure many on here would agree.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!