View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 03:27 PM   #2
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajashv View Post
Hello Everyone,

I am new here. I am looking for some suggestions, my 10 year old Yorkie, Cocomo, had an allergic reaction to his rabie shot and/or heartworm chewable medication. The vet is not sure which. I took him to the emergency vet who gave him the shots in the fanny and medication to reduce his fever. Cocomo is on liquid antibiotic for atleast a week. Now, he is experiencing frequent diaria (spelling). I phoned the vet's office they said to keep him on the medication. Any suggestions on helping my pup and handling the mess?

Thanks in advance,

Vickie
oh poor sweet man. Dogs are like humans.. when they are on medication it kills all the good bacteria as well as the bad bacteria... so you need to get good bacteria back in him. You need to go buy pro-biotic yogurt (Something like Activa- preferably "plain"). I give it to Layla twice a day- morning and night... and i suggest you do the same for him.. it will REALLY help his belly. Also you can try PLAIN (NOT spiced) PURE pumpkin which will clear up the diarrhea right away!!!

What are you using for heartworm? Also next time you take him for a rabies vaccine... ask that you stay for at least 15-20 min to make sure he doens't have a reaction... and at his age... i would even say he doens't need that vaccine.. ask to have a titer test done to see if he even needs it. I hope he feels better soon. nothing worse tahn seeing your baby sick!

another question.. what WAS the reaction? what made you take him to the vet?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!