View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 01:04 PM   #1
Peta-Gaye
Senior Yorkie Talker

Question Lepto Vaccine.....

Garrett went in for his 3 round of puppy shots last Saturday. Unfortunately he was given the Lepto before I caught it , I was distracted by his ear mites.

He never got it at his 2nd set of shots [he got the 1st set of shots before I got him].

When I got home and realised it after looking at the papers, I was beside myself.....I immediately went on YT and within 5 minutes I was a basket case. I called the vet, and she said she gave it to him as we have a high rate of Lepto here in Miami, what with the farmlands and everglades and all. She pointed out that I was in the office for about 45 after the vaccine was given while his ears were cleaned and medicated, and he showed no adverse reaction [Garrett was actually sucking up to a cute female yorkie there ].

What I want to know is, has any YTers experienced any delayed or long term after effects of the Lepto vaccine? It's been a week and he's doing fine, eating, sleeping and playing like normal. He was extra sleepy right after the vet visit, but pepped up in the afternoon. Do I need to be worried?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!