View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 05:13 AM   #5
nicksgf
Senior Yorkie Talker

If you're trying to get her to go on the pad, set up a schedule for her. I realize this is hard because she's home so long on her own, but maybe start on a weekend when you're there a lot, and hopefully she'll catch on fast.
Scooter sleeps in his crate at night, so as soon as I let him out in the morning I take him to his pad and he's not allowed off the pad until he goes. This way he learns to go quickly, on command, and ON THE PAD haha!
Then for me, I crate him during the day, but come home at lunch for a potty break - and again, he has to stay on the pad until he goes or he's not allowed to walk around and play during my lunch break. When I leave he's back in the crate.
Then as soon as I get home - he has to stay on the pad until he goes and I'll put him on every 2 (or so) hours in the evening - not letting him off until he goes. It REALLY helps with accidents because all of a sudden he WANTS to go on the pad so that he's allowed to do whatever he wants after! No waiting around on the pad for free time!
Give it a try, it might help. It's worked wonders for me so far!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!