View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 07:58 PM   #4
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Well as far as I know there is only one kind of Yorkie, however, there are three types of coats with silky being standard. The other main texture is cotton, and a few have what is called a wooly coat; some dogs have a combination of all three. Silky is by far the easiest to care for, and seldom mats; that's usually how you can tell if your dog has a silky coat, although puppies coats sometimes mat no matter what. The rate the hair grows is a different matter; many cotton coats grow much faster than the silky coats, and reach the ground the first year. Silky coats from what I've read seem to be slower to grow, and can take up to two years to reach the ground. Most people find that cotton coats are easier if kept in a puppy cut. Here is some more information on coat types. http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/gen...rt-thread.html Actually, it's hard to tell if the dog in the link has long body hair, she has a dress on, but no matter what, cotton or silk, you should be able to get the head and topknot hair to grow long.

Last edited by Nancy1999; 07-10-2008 at 08:01 PM.
Nancy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!